|Posted on August 18, 2017 at 12:35 PM|
August 18, 2017
12 new Roadside Objects added.
1. Defunct - North Vancouver - one of 9 Walking statues that used to be use up on Lonsdale for Biennale celebration in 2014. It was removed and shipped to Montreal in March 2017 for 50 anniniversary of Expo 67. (1 had several of the statues, but not all 9.) Only 1 will be included since it no longer up in North Vancouver). Also the Meeting across the street from where the Walking statues ends was also sent to Montreal so it list as defunct. One more statue put up for the Oylmpics was also sent to Montreal. It will be added next month. Picture taken October 2016
2. Vancouver - Totem Pole (5 of 10 at Anthropology Museum) from October 2016 - added to British Columbia Cities.
3. Stonley Plane - Rembering - from June 2014 - added to Alberta North
4. Drumheller - Triceratops - Green & Orange - from September 2016 - added to Alberta South
5. Carmagary - John Deer Tractor in the Sky - from September 2016 - added to Alberta South
6. Swift Current - Aloutte III (Helicopter Weather Vane) - from September 2014 - added to Saskatchewan Cities.
7. Melville - Artist at Work - from August 2015 - added to Saskatchewan Cities.
8. Saskatoon - Tractor - from May 2016 - added to Saskatchewan Big Three. (There are 3 new statues in Saskatoon that went up this year, at Saskatoon Police Staion on 25 St, one on Quebec Ave, and last on Central Ave. They will be added once all other 6 or 7 Saskatoon statues have been added.)
9, Kamsack - Seniors - from July 2015 - added to Saskatchewan South
10. Climax - Water Tower - from September 2014 - added to Saskatchewan Water Towers.
11. Bentio - Curling Stone - from June 2016 - added to Manitoba North
12. Thompson - Wolves - #4 The Northern Life - added to Manitoba Cities
A New collage was added of Buffalo Statue north of Fort McMurray. Top picture comes from Lorraine Hirning of Kelowna,BC mailto:[email protected] taken from www.roadsideattractions.ca Middle I took in May 2011 with Bison Statue removed. A new statue was made picture from 2014 by Syncrude www.albertaoilmagazine.com/2014/09/license-granted